It’s officially British summer time and we are starting to see the first signs of nice weather with beautiful blue skies and even some sunshine. If you’ve hidden your sun protection away at the back of a cupboard now is the time to get it out or buy yourself a new bottle. Protecting yourself from UVA and UVB radiation is one the best things that you can do for your skin.
Most people are aware of the dangers of UVB radiation, which is present on hot sunny days. However, UVA and high energy visible light (a third band of sun ray) can affect your skin all year round, even on cloudy days.
At the clinic we recommend the Heliocare UV and antioxidant skin protection range. This range provides excellent protection from UVA and UVB radiation and has something to suit all skin types. Starting from £17 it is also excellent value for money.
Below we have highlighted some of our favourite products:
- Heliocare Gel – a clear, light gel that absorbs quickly into the skin, perfect for oily and acne-prone skin.
- Heliocare XF Gel - a clear, light gel that absorbs quickly into the skin leaving it feeling silky smooth, suitable for all skin types.
- Heliocare 360° Fluid Cream – provides protection from UVA, UVB and also high-energy visible light. A light cream with an advanced moisturising complex that leaves the skin feeling soft and hydrated.
- Heliocare 360˚ Airgel - a light, mousse-like formulation (providing protection from UVA, UVB and high-energy visible light). Dries quickly and provides even coverage, perfect for all skin types.
- Heliocare Color Sun Touch – a creamy tinted moisturiser that leaves the skin with a shimmery sun-touched look Heliocare Color Gelcream – provides a natural looking, even foundation with additional anti-oxidant activity with green tea extract and vitamin E.
Next time you’re in town come in and speak to our award winning team about our Heliocare range and try some of our testers. They can also advise you on how to repair sun damage to your skin.
See you soon.