Did you know that every time you have a treatment at Face & Body you are helping to support others less fortunate in developing countries access medical care?
As Christmas is a time about thinking of others we thought it was a great time to share what we are achieving through the fantastic B1G1 initiative.
In 2007, a group of small-business owners had an idea. They asked, “What would happen if we all gave back just by doing the things we do every day?”. Today that idea is a reality and the B1G1 (Buy 1 Give 1) initiative has more than 2,100 businesses from around the world helping to make significant impacts every day.
B1G1 is a social enterprise and non-profit organization with a mission to create a world full of giving. Unlike conventional giving models, B1G1 helps small- and medium-sized businesses achieve more social impact by embedding giving activities into everyday business operations.
As a member of B1G1 we directly fund some of B1G1’s developments, innovations, and operations. Our membership allows us to change lives through our daily business activities and gives us a higher purpose by making giving a part of what we do every day.
To date Face & Body have made 125,711 life changing impacts. This year our clients and team have helped provide:
- 19,587 daily does of vitamin supplements to children
- 30 days of medical eye care to elderly people in India
- 30 days of medical support at a rural clinic in Kenya
- 30 health check-ups to women at risk of cervical cancer in Kenya
- 4 health check-ups to women at risk of breast cancer in Kenya
- 365 days of medical support to visually impaired people in Indonesia
- 365 health check-ups to people at risk of eye disease in Indonesia
- 365 days of medical support to nursery school children in Kenya
- 365 days of medical support to HIV affected people in South Africa
- 365 deworming treatments for children in Kenya
- 365 typhoid medication kits for children in Kenya
- 30 days of mobile nurse support to communities in Kenya
- 7 days of doctor consultations to communities in Kenya
So, the next time you have a treatment at Face & Body you can leave proud in the knowledge that you are directly supporting someone in need.
Find out more about B1G1 and the impact created by Face & Body since 2011.
Some of the people we help